Tel: 01865 311 332
De La Salle Provincialate,
140 Banbury Road,
Oxford OX2 7BP.
By Brother Laurence, Mar 20 2015 04:36PM
Phase 1 of the Formation Programme took place last weekend at St Cassian's Kintbury.
Participants worked extremely hard over the 24 hour period.
Brother Laurence has been elected Provincial of the new District of Ireland GB & Malta
The first De La Salle Foundation in England was opened in 1855, just five years after the restoration of the Catholic hierarchy in Britain.
In the course of the twentieth century, and especially after the dual system settlement of the 1944 education act, the Brothers worked in educational establishments of all sorts: primary, secondary and tertiary (teacher training), voluntary aided schools, private, direct grant and home office schools.
Their presence stretched from Ipswich to Jersey and from the Isle of Wight to Stirling. The peak of activity was reached in the early 1960's, when there were more than 380 Brothers operating in 41 establishments, including two provincialates, two novitiates and two junior novitiates.